At Chicago Turf Pros LLC weekly full service lawn care maintenance includes: mowing, line trimming, blowing debris, and sidewalk edging (as needed) Lawn Mowing seems simple enough, but each time you cut your grass you’re paving the way for your lawn’s success or failure. Mow correctly, and you’ll groom turf that’s healthy, drought-tolerant and thick enough to crowd out weeds.
Mow incorrectly, and your lawn will struggle to survive. Time mowings so you’re never removing more than one-third of the total leaf surface (of a single grass blade) with each cutting. The ability to tolerate mowing is one of the criteria that separate turfgrass from the rest of the grass species. Mowing is always a stress on the grass plants.
Just because they can tolerate mowing does not mean they like it. Reduce that stress by adopting these practices. Mow early in the morning or, even better, in the evening.
Lawn Mowing Tips
- Clear debris from the area you’ll be mowing.
- Keep children, pets and others away from the mowing area.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Wear eye and hearing protection and any other safety gear as specified by the manufacturer.
- Protect yourself from the summer heat while working outdoors.
- Keep hands and feet away from moving parts.